(Rebloggable by request)
Ah, friendzoning. Okay kids, let’s have a chat.
First off, friendzoning is this bizarre trend that I never at all encountered in person or otherwise until it started cropping up in a bunch of rage comics. You know, the comics that have been taken over by middle schoolers and spammed all over Reddit/9gag. Of course, that’s my experience, but my first real exposure to the concept was through, what else, social justice blogs.
Now, generally, friendzoning is indeed bullshit. No one is obligated, EVER, to engage in a relationship, sexual or otherwise, that they do not want to be a part of. And really, my personal views on love and friendship don’t put friendship any “lower” than love; they’re just different forms of a similar emotion. So in that case I’m always boggled by people who see being a “friend” as being less a person somehow.
Guys whining because girls aren’t putting out to their niceness, and discounting these things called feelings that girls themselves are entitled to not having for them, are decently delusional and just as underhanded and slimy as all these “jerks” they seem to see everywhere. Nice Guys exist, and they definitely suffer from the “underdog must get supermodel dream girl through their niceness” mentality perpetuated by media. They are this weird sect of men that hate men and women alike, because they feel entitled to the women but all the “jerks” keep snapping them up.
What actually constitutes “friendzoning” and “Nice Guys” is being continually warped by Sallies.
There is a vast gulf of difference between a guy who’s upset when his honest feelings for a female friend are not returned, and a guy who thinks all women are whores “leading him on” because the girl he was nice to for sex didn’t follow through on his expectations. You don’t have to be creepy to be rejected, and being sad about it doesn’t inherently make one creepy.
Not every man upset at a rejection is an EEEEVIL “NICE GUY” MISOGYNIST, he’s just bummed because he can’t be with a girl he really likes. And women do the exact same thing, often bitching about how guys only want to date “bitches” or “bimbos” or that they only want one thing. Almost everyone at some point has felt the sting of unrequited feeling, and that in itself is not entitlement, though entitlement is a thing that anyone can have.
So, friendzoning. Yeah, whining about “being friendzoned” is hella stupid, but I honestly see it as a trend perpetuated by kids on the internet who haven’t the slightest clue on what a relationship entails that will hopefully mature beyond that.
- rinmanzano likes this
- alternativehero likes this
- miscellanii likes this
- fonglr likes this
- armlessphelan reblogged this from sjsallyadmin
- panpakapaan reblogged this from theplacethatevolutionforgot
- theplacethatevolutionforgot reblogged this from sjsallyadmin and added:
- whomville likes this
- arginator likes this
- womanoflettersinthebunker reblogged this from qualianathema
- debrisintheair likes this
- sakuraharuko likes this
- terraspirk reblogged this from teachytv
- suzushiiro likes this
- umbr3 likes this
- eldergawd likes this
- a-old-boots likes this
- just-smith likes this
- lovelogicrainbows reblogged this from sjsallyadmin
- lemonycain likes this
- chocolatechilipepper likes this
- fillsmox reblogged this from luigiegh and added:
- atomsofrocks likes this
- luigiegh reblogged this from doublechinqueer
- doublechinqueer reblogged this from hostilejew
- sosungalittleclodofclay reblogged this from sjsallyadmin
- thispleasestormod reblogged this from sjsallyadmin and added:
- elementnumber46 likes this
- officialeridanampora likes this
- princedoki likes this
- qualianathema reblogged this from sjsallyadmin
- kaguhellyeah likes this
- nisepandawasdefeated reblogged this from sjsallyadmin
- sjsallyadmin posted this